for the longest, cleanest burn
1. Burn for 2-4 hours at a time
To maximize your total burn time and use all the wax up, burn your candle until the melt pool is close to or at the sides of the container. If you extinguish it prematurely too often the wax may 'tunnel' down, BUT one cool fact about beeswax vs. other candle waxes is that it handles the occasional shorter burn much better! The wax may 'tunnel' down for a bit, but if you aim to burn fully when possible, you should have no problem using up ALL the candle wax!
2. Don't leave it burning all day (max of 4 hrs)
It's SO tempting to leave your candle burning all day, but burning it for longer than four-ish hours at a time will reduce your overall burn time, release excess fragrance so there's less left for your next burn, and most importantly - it's a fire hazard! Any candle container can overheat and may leave you with warped metal, a peeling label or even a cracked glass jar. Stay safe, friends!
3. Trim your wick to 1/4" every time you light it
I know, I've ignored this before too... BUT removing the excess wick before lighting allows for the CLEANEST burn possible, keeps the flame in check and extends the burn time of your candle, promise!
4. Stop burning the candle once there is 1/2" - 1/4" of wax left in the container
Once you've reached this point, return your container to us or repurpose it yourself. Burning your candle further may cause damage to the container (ie: broken glass) or can scorch the surface the candle is on - NO bueno!
Jar Return Program
Return your jar or tin to us and take $1 off your next candle purchase!
Valid at our Edmonton pickup location and any markets we're attending
Repurposing your candle vessel
Boil about 1 inch of water in a pot on the stove and then turn the burner down to the lowest setting
Place the glass jar or tin in the boiled water (don't let water get inside the vessel) and let the remaining wax melt slowly
Once the wax has melted, pour it out. Then wipe out any remaining wax and wick with a paper towel
Wash in very hot, soapy water and you're ready to repurpose!
CAUTION: The container will be very hot! Please wear rubber gloves or use something to protect your hands
Your candle is a handcrafted work of love! Small cracks or in the wax can be typical of handmade beeswax candles. It's confirmation you've purchased a locally made product that does good!
From our hands to yours ♥
FOR YOUR SAFETY: Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of flammable objects, children or pets. Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time. Place your candle on a flat flame retardant and heat safe surface away from drafts. Don't touch or move the candle when lit as the container will be hot while burning.